Cheese, fruit, and fungi? Yes please! My Cheesy Cranberry Mushrooms take minutes to prep and cook, before you’re chomping away :).
Who’ll Love Them?
Mushroom lovers, cheese lovers, those looking for a quickie vegan snack, and anyone who wants to try something new with these ingredients.
-> You’ll Need <-
You can use more or less of any ingredients listed.
- 6 mushrooms
- Finely chopped cranberry cheese. I use Wensleydale Cheese with Cranberries. (Note: modify the recipe with another fruit/nut infused cheese if your choice (example Walnut Cheddar). You can also make this recipe vegan by using a nut cheese.)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil/butter (or half tablespoon of both!)
- Note: Use other seasonings/herbs if you want.
-> Getting it Done <-
- Step 1: Remove mushroom stems. You can pull these out by hand.
- Step 2: Chop up your cranberry cheese/cheese of your choice. You can also use grated cheese.
- Step 3: Put frying pan with oil or butter or both on low heat.
- Step 4: Season oil – put half the seasonings you’ve chosen into the heating oil.
- Step 5: Put mushrooms open side down in the pan; season, and cover; let them cook for 5 – 8 mins.
- Step 6: Flip mushrooms stuff them with the cranberry cheese/cheese of your choice (you can use a fork or spoon). Let cook for the same length of time on the other side with the pan covered.
- Step 7: Uncover for the last minute or two.
- Step 8: Remove your Cheesy Cranberry Mushrooms from the pan and put on a plate with paper towels to get rid of excess oil. Serve immediately.
Difficulty Level? Easy!
First-timer note: Mushrooms’ texture can be a little odd at first. My suggestion is to introduce first-timers to mushrooms finely chopped and preferably sauteed and (this is important) with ingredients they already like.
How do you like your mushrooms?
Comment below :).