What the hell is a Pan Cart? It’s a decimating cocktail I dreamed up a few years back in Barbados. A mix of two of my go-to drinks and a little extra to add more kick. Chilling with friends, on your lonesome, or maybe as a New Year quickie fave, whatever your fancy, this one works ^_^.
Fair warning, this is a kicker of a cocktail and 2 – 3 are usually enough to take out even experienced drinkers. To get your mind around it, they’re kind of like Boilermakers, but with a rummy twist.
Who’ll Love Them?
Rum lovers. Beer lovers. Anyone looking for a nice buzz with one drink to do the job. Adventurous drinkers looking to try something new, and those in the market for a Caribbean twist.
In summary, this cocktail is good times in a glass!
These measurements are for two (2) cocktails.
- 2 – 4 shots of brown rum (I used Cuban rum Havana Club Anejo Especial, but if I can get my hands on it, I prefer Barbados’ Mount Gay Black Barrel Rum).
- 2 cold blonde beers (Belgian beer Jupiler is great for this, other blondes will also work, and when in the Caribbean – Barbados Banks Beer).
- 1 lemon/lime
-> Getting it Done <-
- Step 1: Cut lime/lemon in halves, then half again.
- Step 2: Pour beer into glass.
- Step 3: Measure 1 or 2 shots of rum (dependent on taste/alcohol tolerance) and add to beer.
- Step 4: Squeeze lime/lemon into liquid. You can have as much lime/lemon as you like, however, half usually works well.
- Optional step: Drop lemon/lime rind into glass.
- Step 5: Swirl gently for a few seconds and serve.
- I encourage you all to drink responsibly :).
Difficulty Level: Super Easy
First-timers Note: I suggest having one shot of rum in the cocktail first, to test your tolerance with. Try a glass and see how you feel after half hour. If you’re already tipsy then, you most likely will be pretty drunk by the end of number two ^_^.
Think you can handle this one?
Get tipsy in the comments below :).