This homemade shandy isn’t just two-step, it’s also requires just two ingredients!
Shandies introduced me to cocktails, with their fizzy goodness. They’re beer mixed with a non-alcoholic drink, usually something with a citrus vibe.
Shandy brands like Twist by Banks Breweries are common in Barbados, and contain a low alcohol content. How big a kick your homemade shandy has is entirely up to you.
-> Who’ll Love Them? <-
Anyone looking for a quickie cocktail without all the frills. Lovers of shandies. Those wanting to juice up their beer with a fruity twist. Beer lovers willing to try something new with their favourite beverage.
-> You’ll Need <-
These measurements are for two (2) glasses of homemade shandy.
- 2 cold blonde/white beers (I used Ciney Blonde, a Belgian beer with 7% alcohol content).
- 350ml – 400ml of a juice of your choice (preferably one that’s citrus-based). I used Solevita’s “fruit punch” pictured below).
- Optional: If you want to go the traditional route try this recipe.
-> Getting it Done <-
- Step 1: Add the juice to the glasses.
- Step 2: Top off with beer, serve and enjoy :).
- I encourage you all to drink responsibly.
-> Optional Steps for Lemonade Prep <-
- Step 1: Make 700 ml to 800 ml of lemonade (Ingredients: lemon/lime, sugar, and water – to your tastes).
- Optional step: Add 1 drop of vanilla essence to the lemonade.
- Step 2: Repeat the steps from the recipe above and serve.
- I encourage you all to drink responsibly :).
Difficulty Level (for all methods): Super Easy!
First-timers note: You can have two or three of these and be fine. You’ll probably be a constant bathroom visitor though, as these kinds of drinks flow straight through you. The traditional recipe leaves you even less tipsy, but the ginger beer, and other ingredients leave a cool “tongue buzz” you may also enjoy.
Enjoy beer cocktails? What’s your fave?
Comment below :).