Gourmet breakfasts can take less than two minutes to make and be inexpensive too. Perfect for last minute Valentine’s Day treats, or pampering yourself first thing :).
I’m not talking about elaborate truffle oil infused omelettes, or boiling up some new-age porridge with twenty different nuts and grains. All it takes is a walk to the fridge, skip to the cupboard, and that’s half the work done.
So how do we make quick gourmet breakfasts?
-> 1 or 2 Gourmet Ingredients + Regular Ingredients = Gourmet Quickie Breakfast <-
In this case I combined caviar (under 4€), with salmon spread (under 3€) and Tuc crackers (1€), for all the yums.
You get that fishy, salty taste from both the caviar and salmon, while the mild cracker balances the saltiness out, for a great early morning gourmet treat :).
Ironically I hadn’t tasted caviar (properly) until 2019. The thought of eating fish eggs had always grossed me out previously. However, as many of my tastes have changed over time, I decided to give it a go. Since then I can go through a jar in about three days and usually have it as a snack or for breakfast.
Food and Wine shares a few more ways to enjoy caviar. See one of my fave easy methods below :).
-> The Process <-
Difficulty Level = Super Easy
- Step 1: Choose a type of cracker or bread you want to use. (I usually use these crackers.)
- Step 2: Choose a spread. (I love using salmon spreads and often get them from this store or this one.)
- Step 3: Coat one side of the cracker/bread with the spread.
- Step 4: Spoon caviar on top.
- Optional step: You can also squeeze a few drops of lime juice on the caviar.
- Step 5: Rinse and repeat.
- Note: This costs me under 8€ (give or take $8.70) to make. Yes, you’ll have some left over if you want.
There’s always room for modification so don’t shy away. My bf hates caviar so for him I’d substitute the salmon spread for smoked salmon, and have it with Brie or Camembert. Ignore these ingredients altogether and go for chocolate strawberries with a creamy goat’s milk shake. Point is, if you look around, I’m sure you can find gourmet combinations to please.
Additional Tip: Check out our Tasty Brands’ page to see some of the brands I use and where they can be found :).
What’d be your fave combo for a quick gourmet breakfast?
Comment below :).